What Busy Mommy is made of:

Saturday, April 21, 2012

...I've finally figured it out.

I am sporadic.
I am real.
most of all:
I am honest.

I do this blog because I want to.
I do this blog because I like to share really cool things that help me through my crazy journey I call "life."

I do NOT do this to get free things. (though that is a gigantic bonus)
I do NOT do this for money. (though I might wish- that would be an even bigger bonus)
I do NOT do this because I have to.

I have been feeling guilty lately.

Guilty because I've received a few items that I haven't reviewed-Because quite frankly they weren't that great. (I've had to offer to send them back or pay for the item so I could send it to the thrift store guilt-free. I really don't like doing that. I feel like a jerk.)

But it's more important for me to be honest to my readers (all 3 of you)
Honesty is a big part of who I am and what I stand for.
How am I supposed to teach that principle to my kids if I am on the computer typing up lies, just in hopes of growing a blog or getting more items sent my way? Not my style.

I've also been feeling guilty because of my lack of consistent posts.
But if I'm not excited about a product, I'm not going to write about it.
It takes time to sift through "things" to find "prizes"
to be brutally honest: I don't endorse crap just for the sake of a daily post.

On another note: I'm not a fan of clutter. I love taking loads to the thrift store. So I don't like to get items just for the sake of having things. I like for everything I have to have a purpose. (though I know I could do better) -so what I'm trying to say is that I'm not going to suggest you get anything unless I really believe it's useful, or extra special.

Just as all mothers of young children, I go through stages and phases where a lot of products are useful to test out, and it's usually evident what is going on in my household by what I'm posting about... (ie: a zillion pacifier holders) 

I do, on occasion, request products that I think will be helpful for what I'm dealing with. And sometimes, a company is nice enough to oblige me. (If I know its awesome , I buy it and still do a review) At other times I'm approached and asked to review products by different companies. If I think it's a fit, I gladly accept and am flattered they asked. If it's not, I don't accept, but still flattered.

To sum it up: I am choosy about what I endorse.
For that reason, my goal is quality over quantity.
If I wanted to post everyday about average junk and get paid in merchandise and money from advertisements-I think my reviews would be weak, and nobody could trust me.

What I'm trying to say in this long winded post is:
Busy Mommy Likes is an elite club.
I won't compromise my opinions and reviews by selling out.
I also won't post daily.
What I will do is post about things that truly make my life easier or better when I come across them.

I will disclose anytime a company gave me the product I review and I will tell you if I found and purchased it myself.
But you can be certain that even if it was given to me- its an honest opinion, or I sent the product back and I never mentioned it.  
(to be honest-my favorite reviews to write are on the products I found myself, or by word-of-mouth. If I'm really excited about something-it shows in my post. and I want to be excited about everything I post, so I only post about what's awesome.)

That is my promise to you :)

Thanks for the support.
and thanks for patiently waiting for me to find more amazing products to share.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your honesty. Love your blog. I always look forward to your reviews on products and although I don't have babies anymore I buy baby stuff for my nephews and nieces. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!! GOOD LUCK :)